April 20, 2020
Congratulations on your engagement! This season of your life is just so exciting, and we couldn’t be happier for you! As you begin to search for a wedding photographer and/or videographer, you’ll have lots to think about with tons of questions running through your mind. With that said, one of the questions we’re often asked is ‘How much coverage is enough?’ After working in the wedding industry for 8 years, we’re confident in answering this for you!
For wedding photography, we’ve found that 8 to 10 hours of coverage is enough to capture your full story from getting ready first thing in the morning all the way to dancing the night away at your reception. For wedding videography, we’ve found that 10-11 hours of coverage is needed, which is why we offer full day coverage for video services (up to 12 hours). Why do we need more coverage for video, you ask? This is to ensure that we have more than enough footage to create a beautiful film showcasing your love story.
To determine the amount of coverage for your very own wedding day, here are a few things to consider:
- Is everything taking place at one location or multiple locations?
- Are you exchanging gifts with your soon-to-be husband?
- Are you planning on sharing a first look with your father AND your soon-to-be husband?
- How long will your ceremony last?
- Are you planning on a carriage ride or any type of fun send-off after your ceremony?
- How many family members would you like to have photographed during family formals?
- Are you planning on a sparkler send-off after your reception is over?
Answering these questions will help us figure out exactly how much coverage we recommend for your wedding day, and it will allow us to put together a detailed timeline for the events taking place throughout the day. To give you a better idea of how our timelines look, check out this blog post.
2021 is already halfway booked for us, so if you’re planning to get married any time next year, we’d love to see if we’d be a great fit for you! Getting to know our couples personally is something we’re extremely passionate about. We’d love for you to browse our website, email us at email@example.com, or give us a call at 717-422-6857. We can’t wait to chat with you!